Monday, December 6, 2010

Snowflakes That Stay On My Nose and Eyelashes...

So we had a pretty successful evening last night... Our goal was to finally accomplish a full night in her crib! It's something that we have been working on because I really want the peace of mind of knowing she is safe in her crib with her "tic" monitor on when I'm at work!! For those of you who don't know what that means, it is a feature with the Angelcare monitor system-- basically, every time it senses movement (i.e. her breathing), it "tics." And if it doesn't sense that movement for 30 seconds, it alarms to let you know that there is a problem! With all of the horror stories that I have seen at work, it really does keep my mind and heart calm-- and gives me the ability of leaving her there without worrying all night, or checking on her every 15 minutes!!
She slept there until about 5:00 this morning... Of course, I was up every 4 hrs to feed her-- and in between that, she would cry when she lost her pacifier, so I was up every 30-45 minutes-- but she would go back to sleep as soon as I put the paci back in her mouth (with the help of a few butt-pats). It's a work in progress...

My life (and sleep) saver!

Official today: there is only 2 weeks left of my maternity leave... Such a bittersweet realization! I love my job, don't get me wrong-- and I never thought I would ever want to stay at home all the time, but I am just so sad to leave her! I guess there is satisfaction in knowing that she will be sleeping the majority of the time I am not home (hopefully, for Allen's sake), since I work nights! But I'm sure all you moms out there know that it's so hard to know you can't be there for your babies when they need you!

Another project I've had recently was to decorate for Christmas!! We are going low-key this year since we will be traveling to see our families... and to make the clean-up a little easier since I will be even more sleep deprived from going back to work!! 
I put up the garland while Brynn was taking a nap, but it wouldn't light-up when I plugged it in!! I felt like Clark Griswold out on my porch, plugging in the lights, then unplugging them-- I'll admit that I even shook them once or twice! :) I was a little upset...
When Allen came home, his immediate reaction was, "Maybe the fuse needs to be replaced."
Duh, Emily.
Here is my genius husband fixing my mess... :) Thanks honey!



So I am trying to finish up my Christmas shopping, AND spending as much quality time with Brynn as possible... Thank goodness for online shopping!! :)

As for the QT with Brynnie-- I decided to start her early on a certain love of mine...

Rented @ Redbox for $1 :)

God Bless,
The Weinzapfels

No comments: