Tuesday, April 13, 2010

B-A-B-Y On My Brain...

So, I have finally made the decision to pick up some books that don't talk about all the serious business describing everything that can go wrong with your pregnancy. I think by now I am aware of every single symptom that I could possible have throughout my entire pregnancy, dialogued by gestational week in my brain. It's quite exhausting when you're constantly worrying if you're feeling the right way or eating the right things, etc.-- I get this anxiety from my mother (sorry Mom but it's true), and it's even more exhausting to fight nature.
Of course, if I can be the kind of mother that my mom was to my brothers and I, then I will consider myself and my children to be very lucky. :) Her anxiety probably saved our lives somewhere along the way... My little brother's a couple of times! (Just kidding, Aaron-- though just the other day, I told the story about you setting your "picture" for Mom on fire at that wedding).

So I thought that reading funny books about being a mommy-to-be would help with the anxiety a little. I've decided to read Mommywood by Tori Spelling, and Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy. Allen is already making fun of me because he says I am obsessed with celebrities and that is the only reason I chose these books. However, only a celebrity can make fun of themselves in writing and make it instantly profitable. Who is going to read a book by an "Average Jane" about all their flatulence and morning sickness? Not me, of course. :) Anyway, I will let you know how they turn out. Hopefully they will be a fun distraction from the evil Google-Monster than has been controlling my life for the past 15 weeks!!
Only two more weeks until my next appointment, and only 5 more weeks until we get to see our little one with our own eyes! I'm so excited to finally SEE them... and of course finally find out whether we can start buying things for a little boy or a little girl! Hopefully he or she will cooperate!
God Bless,
The Weinzapfels

No comments: