Saturday, April 17, 2010

16 Weeks... It's A Mango!

The jeans are getting TIGHT! :) So, I did what most pregnant gals do these days and ordered a BellaBand. Allen is happy that he doesn't have to hear me complain about how ridiculous I look walking around with my pants unbuttoned just so I can breathe! This will probably be the last week that I get to wear the pair of jeans I'm wearing in this picture... I think the baby is getting squished-- Maybe this is why I still haven't felt anything that I can define as "the baby." (or not)
I'm not exactly excited to go shopping for maternity jeans yet, so hopefully I can get away with wearing yoga pants and sweats for the next few weeks. We have a few landscaping and painting projects to do, so that shouldn't be a problem... I've had quite the itch to "nest" lately, but I'm not sure if it's because of the baby or because of the nice weather. I think I'm exhausting Allen by making him listen to the list of everything I want to do this summer!!
On top of these projects, we have 3 out-of-town weddings, and hopefully a trip to Annapolis to see some fabulous friends that we haven't seen in a very long time. :) I miss Roz and Nick so much! Roz and I have been friends since I was in kindergarten and she was in first grade... We've been through about ten "BFF" necklaces, a screen door, a few attempts at a snow fort, a move to Florida, a dozen big adventures at Holiday World, a strange "Lounge Lizard" phase, college spring breaks, a pair of tattoos (it was between that or skydiving, and I thought a tiny needle was safer than jumping out of a plane), our engagements, our weddings... And maybe (hopefully) we'll find a way to do motherhood together. :) There is a lot to be said for a friendship where you can pick up right where you left off no matter how long it's been since you last saw one another... She's part of my family. Roz, if you're reading this... I love you and miss you! :)
Speaking of family, I'll be traveling home in a few weeks to help work a poll for the 2010 Primary Election for District 49. My brother, Andrew is running for State Senate! He is, and has always been my hero, and I know that he will eventually be everyone's hero when he wins the election and represents the people of Southwestern Indiana!
WILSON FOR STATE SENATE 2010!!
Unfortunately, Allen won't be able to come with me on this trip... But I'm glad I will get to spend some time in New Harmony with my family. I can't wait to see how much bigger the Miles-Man is since I last saw him!! And I know that Ozzie won't mind the mini-vacay!! He is still oblivious to what is happening around him. I think he might start to understand more when we start decorating the nursery, but we shall see! I know that might sound strange to some people, but you would be surprised how aware and assertive he is for a dog! :) Nothing gets past Oz around here!
Until next time...
God Bless,
The Weinzapfels

1 comment:

Roz said...

Emi, you butt head! :) You made me cry!! hehe I love you too and I couldn't have ever have asked for a better best friend than you!! I couldn't be MORE excited for you guys, you both deserve the best that this life has to offer! BTW I CANNOT wait to find out if Baby W is boy or girl!!!! :-D

We will make something happen this summer!! I'm still holding out for that first weekend in June!!! XOXOXOXOX LOVE YOU!