Sunday, May 8, 2011

Derby Days 2011

Keeping with tradition, my parents hosted a Derby Days party just like my grandparents used to host at our house when I was a little girl...
Of course, with all of the flooding issues and the fact that their basement is practically a swimming pool, they just had our family this year! We like to think of it as a trial run... 
But we had so much fun with our big hats, Mint Juleps, and betting boards!

 Our little Derby girl

 With Grammy, next to our family photo with the famous racehorse, Secretariat.

 Mint Juleps in Mawsie's old Derby glassware.
The Betting Boards
 
 {Getting Uncle Andrew's sunglasses}

With Auntie Amanda, showing off their Derby hats!

Next year, I will take more photos... 
This year, I was too busy enjoying the Mint Juleps and family fun!

On a side note, Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there!
God has blessed us with an incredible gift in our Brynn Roslyn, and I will be forever grateful...

Here's a little glimpse of my present from Brynn & Daddy... :)

No comments: