Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sweet and Simple Heart Day Gifts

Allen and I aren't really the type to get "into" Valentine's Day... 
Usually, we just give the other a homemade card and their favorite candy, and take the night off to cuddle on the couch and watch a rental!{we definitely aren't big spenders, and we both HATE going out where we know there will be tons of people-- Exhibit A= NEVER been to a Colts game, after 6 years of living in Indy}
This year, we decided to deviate from our "norm," and I just love what we came up with!

I am in LOVE with my new photo cuff bracelet, complete with all of my favorite photos of our little love... It means so much to look down at it, and see how much our baby has grown!

I couldn't resist buying him a new pair of Johnston & Murphy shoe trees to go with this 
fun Valentine saying! I made this card on Picnik. {Side note: SO sad that it's closing... }

As for B, she is getting something tasty, and a new toddler plate with suction cups on the bottom as her gifts... Due to her recent Greek tendencies, I think it's for the best! :)

I hope you all are having just as much fun with your own Valentine gifts for the loves in your life! :)

3 comments:

Joeylee said...

That's a cute bracelet. What a fun idea for your hubby. We're not big spenders either. Have a great weekend

Roz said...

Very cute! Love the bracelet! This year I have persuaded Nick to take me to see the vow as I figure it might be the last time in a while that we will go out to the movie theater. I also purchased him a big ticket item this year...:) Looking forwards to Valentines day! xoxo

Kate @ craftwhatever said...

What a neat idea!

Emily, I nominated you for the Liebster Award over on my blog today! Sharing the bloggy love on Valentine's Day! I just really like your blog and see that it is growing. Just wanted to show my support to you and I had an award to pass along. My compliments are sincere- I really appreciate your blog! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!
http://craftwhatever.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-love-for-valentines-day.html