Saturday, September 10, 2011

Books, Fruits, and Flowers...

Books, fruits,and flowers... Yep, those are the 4th Anniversary "gift symbols."
So, instead of copping out with a vase of flowers, my husband decided to get creative this year and do something that would involve us both...

We are making the window boxes that have been on my To-Do List for awhile now!! :)


Now, I will confess that I am not the "building from scratch" type... I come from a family who rarely puts anything together-- unless it comes out of a box, and with a page of typed instructions for "dummies."  The majority of the time, I feel that it's much easier on my sanity to just spend the extra money and buy it already finished! :)

In this case, that would be much easier... And probably just as expensive, since we have to buy the tools, wood, and paint to do this project anyway. BUT, it is our 4th Anniversary, and for that reason I will humor him be by his side, because I love him so much! And because he IS the "build from scratch" type {and comes from a very extensive "build a house from the ground-up in one week" type of family, that makes me feel like a weak and helpless human being every time I watch them work on something}.

*I wish I had his extremely excited reaction to using the pocket-hole-driller-thingy this morning on video to show you all*
I just stood there, wide-eyed and clueless, saying, "Great! Wow! That's awesome, babe!"

I'm sure he has no clue that I'm more excited because I get to plant pretty mums in them when they are finished!
Yea!



He has everything organized and ready to go! :)

So, hopefully we will find the time in the next week to get them up and planted for Kunstfest, which is next weekend! We are so excited to celebrate our German heritage, and show B all of the fun in Fall!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That's so creative! I kept thinking this year was wood, but that's the 5th year. Now what to get my hubby for flowers...hmmm...

stephanie said...

love those!! projects like that make me wish we owned a home. in the meantime I will continue to love my army post housing flowerbeds which I have put my fair share of love into :)

Lauren said...

Aw, what a great project!! The time you spend together, working on this, will def be something you remember :) I'm sure it will look great!

henning love said...

those are so cute you did such a great job on them! congrats