Thursday, March 3, 2011

Goodbye Indianapolis! Hello (Again) N'Harmony!

I did my best not to shed too many tears on our way out, but I did manage to have a few tears to myself... :) It was all okay once we hit I-65 South.


Goodbye Danver Lane :(
 

It was too cold for Brynn to be a part of the photo-op, but we had to take a few as a momento :)

Adjusting to the time change (we gained an hour) has been fairly easy for us, but with Brynn it has been rather difficult. Bedtime was around 7:30pm in Indy, which would make it 6:30pm in New Harmony... We have had to make some major adjustments with that, but everything is better now. She was sleeping through the night too, but has started waking a few times at night to eat again... Bless her little heart! Mommy is happy to oblige her nursing needs now, as long as we can work back to sleeping through the night again soon!!


As for everything else, we are also adjusting to living in a home that is over 100 years old!!



This photo is of the house in June of 1914. In the front, you will see my great-grandparents and other ancestors. My great-uncle Howard is also in the photo, but he is just a baby. My grandfather would be born five years later... And he would raise his SIX boys in this house, with my amazing grandmother at his side :) 
I love how it's been almost 20 years since my grandmother passed away, and almost 10 since my grandfather passed, and the house still smells like them-- the exact way that it smelled through my entire childhood. Sometimes, when I'm walking through the house, I can catch myself remembering things, like sitting in the kitchen with my Mawsie, drinking lemonade and watching the hummingbirds outside the kitchen windows. I also remember exactly where every piece of furniture set. Right now, I'm sitting where Mawsie had her telephone with her notepad and red felt-tipped pen that she used to write down all of her messages and notes. It makes me miss her.

Anyway, I will post some photos of the house as soon as we get all of our things unpacked and in their proper place :)

One thing is for sure... I never thought that one day I would be charging my iPhone and setting up wireless internet for my laptop in this house when I was sitting with Mawsie drinking our lemonade! Ha! 



Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name
under Heaven given to men by which we must be saved.
    Acts 4:12


No comments: