Saturday, January 22, 2011

Solids Already?!

It seems like just yesterday that my baby girl was brand new to this world... And now we're exploring the world of solid foods! Brynn will be 4 months old in a little more than a week, so I have been doing my research about introducing food to her the right way. Whatever way the right way may be... This is one of those things that makes me extremely nervous, of course.
Studies say that starting solids too early may lead to food allergies, while waiting too long may also lead to food allergies... Wait, WHAT?! It seems to me that the medical field's opinion on when to start feeding a baby solid foods seems to change as frequently as Madonna changes her look.
So why would a first-time mother be nervous?! Hmmmm.

I'm pretty excited about using Green Bean Delivery to begin this process... Even though I won't be using it for very long (since we're moving)! I ordered pears and apples and yams and bananas so that we can make our own baby food!! Yum, yum, and yum! I just can't wait to see her little expressions as she tries all of these foods for the very first time!!!
For now, we decided to buy some food in jars... We're hoping to reuse the jars for an easier way to feed her with our homemade foods.


I know we still have over a week until she hits 4 months, but I am obsessed with being prepared to start this process!! Wish us luck... I will post photos as soon as I can! :)

Speaking of being busy, we actually had a "showing" scheduled for yesterday... First week on the market and we get a bite! Good, right? Well, apparently they loved the house... But they were looking for a bigger backyard. Of course. 
That actually suits me just fine. I don't know if I could handle the pressure of packing up everything and moving in the next 2 weeks, on top of working 3 nights a week, on top of taking care of Brynn (and possibly starting solids), on top of everything else that is going on!! Slow and steady is just my style right now!!


God Bless,
The Weinzapfels

No comments: