Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Little Heartbroken... But Hopeful.

For those of you that may be waiting for the first glimpse of our little girl... You can go ahead and stand in line behind us! :) Here is the latest news...

We received a phone call from the Nursing Administrator at 3:45AM this morning telling us that they had to push our induction back to 11AM due to the extremely high volume in the labor and delivery unit at the time... Allen wasn't very happy about this, but I knew that there must be a major crisis for them to call us and reschedule! I had a feeling then that the inevitable was going to happen... A labor and delivery unit doesn't really run on a schedule and, I would venture to guess, doesn't really clear out very easily or quickly! We received another call about 5 hours later from Dr. Flora telling us that she wasn't going to be able to do our induction today. My heart just dropped whenever she told me that we wouldn't be able to schedule another induction until next Tuesday (my due date-- 10/5), unless she decides to come on her own sometime before then!


We are obviously very disappointed... I was so anxious last night before we received the first phone call (see last post). I didn't sleep a wink!! So, I guess the positive side to the situation is that I will be able to rest up again before the next go-'round! :) 
Never in my life have I heard of an induction being canceled... And as my mom pointed out right after we broke the news to her-- God has a plan for Brynn, and there is a reason that she wasn't supposed to be born today! :) It's a bittersweet notion for us, but a powerful one at that!
We are handling the news as well as we can right now... It's very hard to not be slightly bitter that we have to play the waiting game a little longer, but we know we will eventually meet our little girl!!
My parents drove up to Indy last night to be with us and to help take care of Oz while we went to the hospital... So, we are planning on enjoying a few days with them!!


Thank you all for all of your comments, texts, and warm wishes!! We are truly blessed to have you all in our life!!


God Bless,
The Weinzapfels

No comments: