Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ozzie's Take On Baby Brynn...

If you aren't an extreme dog-lover, then you probably won't be able to relate to this post very well...

So it seems that with all the excitement over welcoming Baby Brynn into our family, we assumed that Ozzie was handling all the changes as well as we were... We were VERY wrong! 
Sure, there was the occasional meltdown here and there, but he seemed to be coping well enough, so we didn't think much of it at the time.

 (Oz being his silly little self pre-pregnancy)

Cut to present time-- Oz has officially had enough! 
And if you know Oz, there is no time for subtlety...

In the past several weeks, there has been a new interest in tearing through the trashcan and making his own artwork all over the kitchen floor (keep in mind, he is 6yrs old and has NEVER been into the trash before in his LIFE!! I don't think he ever knew it existed!)... Not to mention the two BIG accidents in the house-- again, he NEVER has accidents in the house. And now, we have started throwing up and hacking and gagging (which just screams anxiety issues to me)!!


All of his new "actions" seem to be happening only when I am home by myself, sleeping... So, it's like he's saying--- "That's right, Mom... You are the problem!" He has also withdrawn from me a lot, which breaks my heart the most!! :( We have tried changing our behavior to see if that would help, but we realized that it's not healthy for him OR us to pretend Brynn isn't inevitably going to be here!


Sooooo, we are thinking it's time to visit the vet to see if we can acquire some doggy Prozac. :( I am so sad about this... I know it can be a common thing for dogs to react to a pregnancy in similar fashion, but I just hope we don't have to keep him on medication forever. Hopefully, this will be enough to help get him through the transition after we bring Brynn home... Only 12 more weeks!!! (She is a PUMPKIN today!)



Tomorrow we will have more news on Ozzie's saga... And Thursday morning I have my glucose screening test and rhogam shot!! It's going to be an interesting week!


God Bless,
The Weinzapfels

No comments: