Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Good News Keeps On Coming...

So everything went as well as could be expected at our appointment today. Much to our delight, the nurse had no problem finding the heartbeat this time... She no sooner placed the doppler on my stomach and the room was filled with the little pitter-patters that we have been dying to hear since our last visit!! Our little one's heart rate is around 140bpm. As soon as the nurse left the room, Allen's immediate response was "It's a boy." : ) Haha! I told him I'm going to start calling him "my little old wife." He just makes me giggle with all of his gender predictions. But that's one of the things I love about Allen... You tell him something and he runs with it! : )
I had to have some blood drawn anyway, so I decided to also have blood drawn for the quad screen. This is a screen for some of the chromosome anomalies and neural tube defects that a baby could develop. Allen didn't really want to have the screen done at first, but I told him that if there were to be something different about Baby Weinzapfel, this screen would only make it easier for us to prepare for them. It definitely doesn't make our baby or any other baby born with special needs any less of a miracle.
The best news of all is that we scheduled our ultrasound appointment!!! We have a date!! I'm so excited that I can't even stand it... We will find out everything we have been dying to know about Baby Weinzapfel on May 11th!! As I was marking it down in my agenda book, I realized that Mother's Day is May 9th!! : ) What a perfect gift! I feel so blessed... God Is Great!
Speaking of Mother's Day, I am so excited about what I have ordered for my mom for her gift this year! I obviously can't elaborate because she will be reading this, but I am very excited to start working on it! : )
I'm also starting another project tomorrow that is long overdue... I got this idea from another blog that I follow and it seems like an inexpensive and easy way to organize all of our storage-- which has needed to be done since we moved into our house two years ago! I'm going to go shopping for some chalkboard paint (and lots of chalk) tomorrow and then I'm going to get to work!



Our next appointment is on May 27th-- which is also a special day because it's Ms. Roslyn's 28th birthday! WOW. Where has the time gone?!
Well, I guess I'll probably be posting ultrasound pictures and more specifics about Baby Weinzapfel next time! So very excited to share that with everyone!

Until then, I will be a busy momma-to-be... The primary election is May 4th and Allen and I will be driving home on Monday to help support Andrew as much as we can at the polls!! I am so proud of him for his dignity and grace throughout this campaign, even in situations of extreme adversity with his opponent. Please say a little prayer that we all will be able control our actions and emotions on Tuesday and represent Andrew the way he deserves... Except my dad, of course. We know that no amount of praying will keep him from expressing himself!
I know most people reading this post won't be able to vote, just as I can't (unfortunately), but below is a video that you can enjoy. I'm sure you'll recognize the baby boy in the video... Andrew loves Miles so much and it's so sweet to see them in these pictures together!




Video Link:
VOTE ANDREW WILSON MAY 4TH


God Bless,
The Weinzapfels

1 comment:

Roz said...

:) Tears!! So excited that we will find out on the 11th, I can only imagine how ready you guys are to find out because Nick & I CAN'T WAIT!!! Thanks for the shout out...28. GOODNESS :) Love you guys. So glad to hear everything is good, no stress until the 11th okay? Just relax & enjoy this time love bug! MUAH!