Sunday, December 19, 2010

New Year, New Changes...

As of tomorrow at 7:00pm EST, I will be back to work full-time-- which in the health care world means 12hr shifts, 3 nights a week, so it's really not so bad. Because I work nights, Allen and I are able to split the days that I work so that we can both get enough sleep and take care of Brynn-- without relying on someone else that we don't really know, and paying them a LOT of money so that I can worry all day. It's not going to be easy, but it's worth the sacrifice. That being said, there is probably going to be very little time for me to blog... But don't give up on me just yet! :)
Also- in case you don't already know- in the next few months we are going to start the process of finding new jobs (even though I LOVE mine sooo soo much), and putting our house on the market so that we can move to be closer to our families. I know... Shocker.
In the last 12 weeks, we have realized that raising our children so they can see their grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins whenever they want is more of a priority than living in the "big" city... AND that 3-1/2 hour drive is even more brutal with an infant (and it won't get much better with a toddler)!!
We want Brynn to have the same type of upbringing that we both had, which means we have to make a lot of sacrifices and move down to the Evansville area.
Even though it is going to be beyond difficult to give up my beloved job and our wonderful house, I know in my heart that this is the right decision for us.
I never pictured myself as a "hometown" girl, but when I realized how it would affect my children, I knew that it wasn't fair for them to be raised without family.
So going back to work is going to be even harder now, knowing that I need to cherish every moment with my fabulous co-workers because I don't know how much longer we will be here... It could be anywhere from a few months to a year! Time will tell.
With that, all I really have left to say is... Merry Christmas and Happy 2011!

God Bless,
The Weinzapfels

1 comment:

Roz said...

This just made me cry!! I love you guys and I am super excited for you 3. I know that it will be hard to move away from your friends and your job but being surrounded by family is priceless. I missed a lot of wonderful memories being so far away from Gramps and I would have given anything to have been closer to him!!

Love you guys and the blog is looking amazing!!