Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms out there!! I hope you all enjoy your day!! I've always considered myself a mommy to our "fur-kid" (The Oz Man), but Mother's Day means something a little different this year. Especially since we are just a few days from our ultrasound... It makes it more real. It also helps that I think I'm starting to feel some baby action, but I can't be positive. Just when I think, "That has to be the baby moving around," I find a way to talk myself out of it!

I was so excited to open the mailbox a couple of days ago to find that my Mom's gift was mailed to me... and then I opened it and realized they sent me the wrong item! I would have been a little frustrated, but I know I wouldn't be able to give it to her on Mother's Day anyway. So, I have a little extra time to work on it before I see her again at the beginning of June. I hope she enjoys her day, though... She deserves a day just for her!!

Allen decided to surprise me with an early present (because he is just as impatient as I am, as much as he doesn't want to admit that)!


It's called a Love Knot and it has 3 rings, which represents the Holy Trinity... But I like to think it also has a personal meaning for us too. :) I would like to take a quick second to say thank you to my wonderful, thoughtful, and caring husband. I don't know what I would do without him... 
And I apologize to those of you who just threw up a little...

I'm excited to do some work on our yard this weekend. I have been itching to buy a KnockOut Rose bush and I finally did it! :) And a co-worker gave me some purple and yellow irises to plant, which I'm VERY excited about! Thank you, Rosemary! I hope they make it through this season... I'm so excited to have them for next year. My parents have always had fresh flowers on the kitchen table in the spring. I'm excited to do the same thing in my house, even though we live in the suburbs instead of the "garden oasis" of Indiana (also known as New Harmony)...

Here's an update on the chalkboard project. I have them all painted, but I haven't organized my bins yet. Here's a picture of how mine turned out... I had 18 bins total!




Only a few more days until our ultrasound appointment... I'm so anxious! Hopefully we'll have nothing but good news to share with you all. My dreams have been torturing me!! Needless to say, I haven't had the best sleep lately...

God Bless,
The Weinzapfels

No comments: