Tuesday, July 26, 2011

B's First Word

Not even 10 months old yet... B said her first official word(s) today.
Sure, she has said the occasional "Da-Da" and "Ma-Ma-Ma," but it isn't usually in the appropriate context... And it usually comes with a lot of prompting! :)

But today, as we were leaving my parents' house, and with the usual "bye-bye" prompting from everyone {without really expecting much}... Out of nowhere, she says "bye-bye" and waved back to everyone!
We all were caught by surprise at first... I know that I was in complete shock! Then, of course, we had to see if she would do it again!
Without too much prompting this time, she says "bye-bye" again!
... So, of course, we have to push it a little further and try it one more time...

She had it down by then, and plainly stated "bye-bye" again for everyone's delight!
She was so proud of herself! And Mommy and Daddy were so proud of our little smarty-pants too! :)
I'm hoping that tomorrow we can attempt to catch it on video!

Wish me luck!

As I was driving with B the other day {and belting out "Do-Lord," "The Alphabet Song," and "The B-I-B-L-E" for her hearing pleasure}, I was trying to remember what life was like before she was here. This made me wonder what I was doing this time last year... It's so awesome to be able to look back and see what I was up to, and how wonderfully my life has changed since becoming a mommy.


{this one is obviously pre-DSLR}

I hope everyone is having a great week so far! :)
God bless.

2 comments:

Chaos and Coffee said...

How exciting!! Megan didn't say her first word until she was almost 14 months, I was so concerned I had brought her to our Dr who told me she probably didn't talk becuase her sister talked enough for the both of them! :-) She finally did say her first word which was Boat. SO random!

Natalie said...

Awww that's so sweet! We've got Nolan waving "hi" so we'll see if he starts saying hi. He does the dadada and mamama but like you said it's just babbling. It is hard to remember our lives before they were here!