Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My First Attempts At A Boutique Bow...

I have to admit that when I decided to try to make a boutique bow, I thought it was going to be a lot more difficult than what it turned out to be... Thanks to YouTube, it was a snap! :)
I've wanted to make a bow for Brynn's IU polo dress for some time. I was at Hobby Lobby the other day and found some crimson "Hoosiers" ribbon and decided to give it a try! So here it is!!

 I put a little alligator clip on the back, so it can be placed on any headband- I just picked up this black one for the photo :)
This one is a little big, so I thought I would try to make a smaller one too!!
I love a challenge...

The first one was so easy, I decided to make another one!! :)

I'm so excited to make more for Brynn, and my friends who are expecting girls...
And to go shopping for ribbon!! :)

God Bless,
The Weinzapfels

**Update
A friend on mine on Facebook pointed out my link to a blog called Cora's Story today (toward the bottom of the sidebar, under Inspirational Blogs). She cursed me after reading it, so I couldn't help but visit it again. I haven't visited since early in my pregnancy... And I cried my eyes out, just as I had done the first time.
I can't remember how I stumbled across this blog... My guess is I was searching out congenital heart defects and how to detect them. Cora's Story is something that made my heart ache in pain and fear. As a mother-to-be, you want to believe that your baby is perfect... But as an RT for a children's hospital, where most of your patients are post-op cardiovascular surgery babies, you know that isn't that case. I was in constant fear and thought the more information I read about it, the more prepared I would be if something where to happen to Brynn.
The truth is, you can never prepare yourself for the loss of a child... Cora's Story is something that puts those feelings into words and breaks your heart into pieces. It touched me in such a way that I thought it deserved a spot on my blog-- I'm sure those that have seen it before may have wondered why it was there! So, if you are in the mood to rip your own heart out, or if you just want to appreciate the blessings that God has given you more than you can ever imagine... Take a little peak at Cora's Story.
I can't promise that you won't go pick up your little one and snuggle her so tight that she grunts :) Because that's what I did... 

No comments: