Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sneak Peek at the Nursery...

It's so strange that we've only known that we're having a little girl for 4 days and we're already in full-swing planning her nursery! I can't wait for my Mom to come up in June and help us make our vision a reality! It's so exciting just to think about it... 
Here is a picture of the crib we ordered for Baby Brynn's nursery. We also ordered a dresser/changer to match. :) 



So officially, her nursery will have antique white furniture! We are trying to keep it as simple as possible, but we are finding that to be easier said than done... Okay, maybe that's just ME! 
She will have a crib, a dresser/changer, and a small bookcase which I'm hoping to find later and paint/distress myself... She also has one of the biggest walk-in closets in the house, so she will have plenty of space for all of the clothes, shoes, and accessories that Mommy is just itching to buy her!

We are considering a lavender theme right now. Allen says he doesn't want her room to be painted pink, so I'm trying to be creative... I want it to be very sweet and pretty, but I don't know if I can go crazy with the girl-y colors. 
So we can go with more of the neutral pastels for the entire room (bedding and paint)... Or we can do lavender bedding and a light taupe on the walls?... I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed with this decision!

What do you think?!? Feel free to leave a comment and share your thoughts...


On a side note, I have been in "nesting" OVERDRIVE, and it's starting to drive me absolutely crazy!! I can't even get 4 hours of sleep before I wake up and hop out of bed with something that I just HAVE to get done right away! I have always been such a procrastinator, so I know this is not normal... It's pretty insane! I've also been feeling her move around A LOT. She has been kicking and rolling around everywhere, and I'm loving every minute! :)

 20 weeks


We also purchased her first outfit, which we picked up @ TIS in Bloomington!




I'm so excited to put this on her with a little white cardigan :) So sweet. But we'll leave the tag on it for now, just in case... I bought it in 3-6mos because I was so anxious, but I think I might take it back and get it in 9mos.


Anyway, I hope to be able to post more pictures in the next month of Brynn's nursery as we continue to work on it... That's all for now!


God Bless,
The Weinzapfels

3 comments:

Roz said...

I think lavender with white furniture is just too cute! :) I think that is a good color without having to go all out pink!! And of course maybe a little gator hiding somewhere in that room?! (Nick wanted to me to say that!)

Roz said...

http://dalidecals.com/Nursery-Kids-Rooms-Wall-Decals/ cute place to find wall decals!

Emily Weinzapfel said...

Awww! Thanks Aunt Roz!! :) And tell Uncle Nick that we would be more than happy to put a little gator in her nursery in honor of her favorite aunt and uncle!